So this isn’t exactly my recipe nor is it anyone else’s I just found some inspiration. I love lemonade and limeade and sweet berries are awesome so this is pretty damn good. There is a lot of personal choice here, practically the whole recipe is really, so have fun and experiment.
photo by Taste of Home
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries of your choice
- 5 or 6 lemons or limes juiced (depending on how tart you like it)
- 1 lemon or lime sliced for garnish (you don’t have to add them, just makes the drink prettier)
- ⅓ cup sugar/syrup/agave etc
- 6 cups water
- Ice cubes
Lets to it
- Add berries to a blender or food processor, then add the lemon/lime juice and sweeter. Blend till smooth. (if you don’t want berry pulp in your drink strain it with a cheesecloth or strainer)
- Add ice to a pitcher with the citrus slices, pour in blended fruit and water. Stir. Boom, done. Drink the juice of life.
- I’ve also noticed that sometimes I need to add extra sweeter so do a taste test.