I love apple tarts, apple pies, etc. though you probably figured that out form the title. Serve with some vanilla ice cream and thats just wow. Sometimes though I find apple pies too full of that sticky filling and I don’t enjoy it, thats why I think this tart is great.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 4 fuji apples
- 1 tbsp of honey
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of water
Time to bake
- Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit.
- Peel and chop two fuji apples. Add apples to saucepan with water and boil until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor and puree until you get applesauce. Pour it all out into a bowl.
- Wash food processor, it will now make the dough. Combine flour, coconut oil, egg, and sea salt until it forms dough.
- Roll dough out between two pieces of plastic wrap, some times the dough will stick to the rolling pin so this makes it easier.
- Transfer rolled out dough to pie tart mold. Fit dough around until tart mold is completely filled.
- Spread applesauce on bottom of tart.
- Peel remaining apples and arrange apple slices in an overlapping circle until you reach the center. thin slices make it easy.
- Brush maple syrup over apple slices and bake for ten minutes.
- Then turn down the temperature to 350 for twenty minutes.
- Let apple tart cool before removing from tart mold.
- Use a sifter to garnish apple tart with cinnamon.
Recipe taken from www.healingandeating.com, http://www.healingandeating.com/2014/11/rustic-apple-tart.html